Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Anders "Employee of the Moment"


Full Name: Anders Bowman
Age(optional): 20yrs
GW Position: Mail Order Help
Weight(optional): 200lbs.
Height(optional): 6’ 4”
Athletic Ability: Ummmm, yes? I don’t really know how to answer that… 8.5?










Where did you grow up? Hometown?
Wayzata, MN

What childhood sports did you or didn’t you do?
Baseball, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Running, Football, Basketball (Did)
Cricket, Rugby, Curling, Figure Skating, Chess (Didn’t)

Some say he's Norwegian, other say Swedish...Anders prefers Norwedish

Did you have to sacrifice any sports for Nordic Skiing or running?
Not really, I obviously don’t do the sports that I did when I was a little kid, but I wouldn’t necessarily call it a sacrifice because skiing and running is what I love.

Any sweet sports achievements or personal victories?
A few Nordic wins, and a fun trip out to Nike Team Nationals for the National High School Cross Country Championships.

Nike Cross Country Nationals: "That's going to stain..."

Are there any goals for the upcoming season?
I want to run pretty fast this fall hopefully faster than 26:30 (for 8k). This winter, there’s an outside shot at NCAA’s for skiing always in the back of my mind, but if that doesn’t pan out then I will be hoping to ski a fast Birkie.

College/Secondary Education/Degrees/Philosophies?
Gustavus Adolphus College


What are you studying at Gustavus Adolphus College?
I’m very excited to be starting the Nursing Program in the next couple of weeks!

Through your life experiences, how did you find your way to Gear West?
I like skiing and running so it turned out to be a really good fit.

"Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound."

How long have you been working at Gear West?
3 years

Why did you choose to apply at Gear West?
Right before the move I contacted Jan because I figured there would be plenty of work to go around, and also it just seemed like the perfect job for a young Nordic fanatic!



"Hello, my name is Anders Bowman and I am a junior, and a skier for Wayzata. I have been skiing for most of my life, and am involved in the skiing community. I am aware that you will be moving soon, and if you need any help during the move, after the move, or anytime really, I would love to work for Gear West."
- Anders Bowman, March 9, 2007



What is the most interesting aspect of working at Gear West?
The people interactions are always fun!

Can you expound on that?
It is a lot of fun being able to explain different technologies to people, to explain to them what the advantages are for product X in comparison to those of product Y. The Ski and Run world are constantly evolving, and it’s hard to keep up, so having a shop like Gear West to bring your questions to can be incredibly beneficial. So I guess basically I like helping people.
What drives you in this business? On top of helping people, learning about new products and technologies is really interesting.

Are there any products that you are excited about or like?
Obviously the entire Fischer “Hole Ski” lineup, but on top of that I would have to say the BARTH!!!!

Interestingly, The Barth is stocked with the Fischer Hole Skis

What do you do at Gear West?
I work on the web page and data base while attempting to keep everything up to date which is a CONTINUOUS process!

No comments: